Friday, January 7, 2011

East Coast

© Briana Thomas

A few months ago, I was blessed with the opportunity to go to Cape Cod, MA and New York City with a great friend of mine, Taylor. It was an amazing experience, and today I was missing it so I thought I'd share.
Heather & Taylor in Martha's Vineyard, July 2010
Cape Cod, & Kathy Lee
Cape Cod is one of the most beautiful places I have ever been too, it's stylized houses and scenery makes you feel like you've stepped back in time to the 1800's. On the 4th of July we were in Nantucket, and while looking in a cute jewelry store I heard a voice that sounded very familiar...I turned and it was Kathy Lee Gifford! She was helping her daughter pick out a bracelet, Taylor was standing right next to her and didn't even realize it! I pulled her aside to "show her something" and pointed out who was in the store with us. We were too nervous to get her autograph, but it was a fun little moment standing next to someone I watch on television almost every morning on the Today Show.

 Taylor & I in Nantucket on July 4th, 2010

Taylor & I took beautiful pictures of the ocean, hydrangas, and all the cool buildings and architechture that we saw. I remember lots of green tea being drank, and lots of bathroom stops! We definitely stimulated the economy with how many trips to Starbucks we made! We saw Dunkin Donuts EVERYWHERE, and finally Taylor needed a donut

 She finally got her donut :)
New York!
It was Taylor's 21st birthday while we were in New York, and we celebrated by eating about five slices of cheesecake, one at every single restaurant we ate at within two days of her birthday. I had never eaten so much in my entire life on this trip, I literally went home expecting to have gained about eight pounds, but nothing...which isn't a bad problem to have.

We were on a double-decker bus the day that New York experienced the largest heat waves since the 70's, to say the least, we were dying! I wore a kelly green dress, and when I stood up it looked like someone had splashed water on me (gross) because it was soo humid and we were on plastic seats on the bus. Taylor was laughing & taking pictures, I was fanning the bottom of my dress back & forth like it was on fire.


I could write about nine pages about my wonderful trip, but I will resist. It was a refreshing experience being on the other side of the country, seeing historical sites and getting to spend time with Tay. I want to go back NOW!


(All photographs are © Briana Thomas)

No comments:

Post a Comment